Thursday 28 March 2019

Brunner Mine Site 25/3/19

The past couple of weeks we have been reading a book could mines a fire and we are half way through the book now And on 25/3/19 we went out to Brunner mine With my class. When we were out at Brunner mine we had to do different type of stuff some of the stuff were, we had to meme a play out of the book that we are ready and basically all groups had about 5 to 6 people in there groups. We had to dress up and get a photo shoot done. What I was Wearing - A skirt -White T-shirt - A hat - Black Coat. The next thing we did was my group had to answer questions that were all over the wall in the place that we ate in.  
The book Mines A fire is really inserting. Today we had the author From mines a fire come into school today and my class T1 and T2 got to ask her some questions today. 
I didn't ask any because I didn't have any in mind at the time. But it was Good to here that almost everything in the book is true and it's funny to know that in the book the older kids used to put the little ones in the curtains and heave them through the windows and then the younger ones would open the door For them. I am happy that I found out a lot of detail that happened back in the day.
On Tuesday It was the anniversary since the big explosion happened and it was 23 years ago.
here are some photos of the mine.....







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.